Our US Wings US Navy Bomber Jacket G-1 with “Wings of Gold” lining is based on the WWII pattern and is constructed from the highest quality Italian goatskin available. It’s an extremely soft & supple, yet very durable, leather… just what you’d expect from a jacket worn by the world’s finest aviators! The rich golden satin nylon “Wings of Gold” lining features a fully embroidered Naval Aviator wing and the Navy Flyer’s Creed silk screened beneath it. The two most coveted symbols of naval aviators are their gold wings & their G-1 flight jacket, and our US Navy Bomber Jacket G-1 with”Wings of Gold” lining is truly a jacket any naval aviator or naval aviation enthusiast would be proud to wear! A US Wings exclusive!
US Navy Bomber Jacket G-1 with Wings of Gold features:
- 100% Italian goatskin leather
- Two front cargo pockets with a hidden pen slot under the left pocket’s flap
- Does NOT have side-entry hand warmer pockets
- Bi-swing back for freedom of movement
- Knit cuffs & waistband
- Interior pocket
- Inside wind-flap with “USN” perforation
- Heavy duty antiqued brass zipper
- Satin nylon lining with navy flyers creed
- Mouton collar (NOT detachable)
- Color: Dark Brown
- Fit: Military (Jacket cut trimmer in shoulders and torso. For a more normal fit, we recommend to order one size larger than your chest size.) Sizing Chart
History of the G-1:
From the beginning, aviators chose leather for its warmth, durability, and good looks. This jacket was made famous by the AVG in China, and Hellcat pilots over the Pacific during WWII! The G-1 jacket is the USN and USMC leather flight jacket, worn with pride by our Phantom crews during Vietnam. The G-1 remains a current issue jacket for officer and enlisted aviation personnel on flying status in the U.S. Navy, U.S. Marine Corps and U.S. Coast Guard.