Authentic Models, Aircraft Models - Spitfire. The Spitfire is famed for it's legendary action in defeating the Luftwaffe in the Battle of Britain circa 1940. Entering service in 1936, the short range, high performance, single seat Spitfire was a game changer in WWII.
As a mainstay of the Royal Air Force Fighter Command its speed and maneuverability were essential to carrying out its missions across the European and South-East Asian WWII theaters. The Spitfire was beloved by pilots, and in its many variants it served as trainer, interceptor, fighter-bomber and carrier-based fighter during the 1939-45 conflict. Its iconic status among enthusiasts has held strong in the ensuing years since its retirement from active service in the1950s.
- Desktop model
- Lightweight wood frame
- Moulded aluminum sheet sections covering frame
- Functioning ailerons and tail rudder
- Fully detailed cockpit
- Diecast aluminum propeller
- Sliding cockpit cover
- Detailed wheels fold into wing space
- Size is 24.00 inches by 29.75 inches by 6.75 inches
- Color is silver
- No markings, no decals included
- Displays wheels down, wheels up, on desk, hanging or on stand
- Stand included